Acroyoga on the beach!

9:00 PM


At the end of last summer I saw this video on YouTube while searching for yoga workouts. I didn't know what acroyoga was at time. The flow was so inspiring (love the music by Ben Howard too) that Drew and I decided to try it in my front yard that evening. We were surrounded by citronella candles to keep the bugs off of us, probably looking like hippie seance holders. I live on a well-trafficked corner, and hanging upside down from his feet, we got some serious drive-by stares. Totally worth it.

Yoga is awesome on its own, but team yoga, with crazy looking holds supported by a partner is almost the most fun you can have.

Last weekend we went to Orange Beach with some of our favorites! Joel and Casey snagged a few shots of us goofing around with some moves. I'm pretty sloppy out there, but we'll work on it and hopefully by our next beach trip we can really show out.

I definitely recommend trying it out. You'll need
a safe place to fall and a partner who can comfortably support your body weight and then some. Holding stable weight is a lot different than holding a squirmy person so it takes a little getting used to.
If you are not sure about taking on acroyoga with a partner, you can always try it with your cat!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Speak up

Popular Posts

What I'm Reading

  • Unbecoming by Rebecca Scherm
  • Disrupted by Dan Lyons
  • Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill

QOTD

All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure. - Mark Twain