#30before30

1:32 AM

So 10 days ago, I turned 29. My general response to most changes is to make a list, and this occasion was no different. Typical Gemini. A few days before my birthday, I scribbled out a laundry list of thirty things to accomplish before I turn 30 years old. And I put it out there for all my world to see, as a means of accountability. I would have shared a picture of the handwritten version, but it was hardly legible.
Here is the note I made on my phone, always accessible.


A few said, how are you gonna get all these things done in a year? Is it enough time? I explained that some of these items would be accomplished all at once, such as staying up all night with friends, while on a cruise. I should probably also clarify, that these are not all things I have never done.
#3, 7, 16, 20, 21, 27, 28 -- I've all done at some point, but not lately, or in some cases, not since I've been an adult. Whatever that means. I've been on mountains and in a cave or two as well.
That's really not the point.

Let me put it this way: Being a fully formed individual (I'm not growing any taller), who has an idea of what she wants and pays her own bills, gives new meaning to being on top of a mountain. So much new meaning, in fact, that I just might have to blow bubbles about it. Make sense?

So far, I've..
..held TWO baby animals
  - a bat and
  - a teensy froggy

..cooked 3 of 52 new recipes
- egg rolls,
- the printed-on-the-bag version of red beans and rice
- and homemade goat cheese

..gone two whole days (non-consecutive obviously) without internet!
^ May not seem like a big deal, but I'm a real estate agent and the webs is pretty much my office

..started reading book 1 of 12
- Breakfast of Champions, Vonnegut
(Taking suggestions in this category if you have any)

Maybe my favorite thing about this list is how it's gotten a few others to publish their #30before30 lists as well. I'm reposting these lists on my ig if you're interested. I love that we can all help each other mark items off these lists, or at least celebrate when someone else gets to cross a thing off theirs. In fact, some things on my list will require lots of help. If you know anyone with a sailboat, drop me a line.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Speak up

Popular Posts

What I'm Reading

  • Unbecoming by Rebecca Scherm
  • Disrupted by Dan Lyons
  • Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill

QOTD

All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure. - Mark Twain