The Railsplitters

4:00 PM

One of my oldest friends, Lauren Stovall, is now a talented bluegrass singer/songwriter in Boulder, CO. We used to sing Dixie Chicks songs together in the back of the choir room, and I should have known then that she would stick with it. She was always an amazing singer and now she's out there showcasing her gift. She's formed a band called The Railsplitters and they are winning all kinds of recognition and gaining major ground in the bluegrass world. It's a huge feat, especially in Colorado where you can't throw a rock too far in any direction without hitting a mandolin.

Here's one of my favorites called "Boarding Pass" .. written by her band mate Dusty Rider. Yep, that's his name. (He's on lap steel in this vid if I'm not mistaken.)



Ain't she something? And to think, you can come out of the Bellegrove neighborhood in Brandon, Mississippi and manage to make it out of the state alive with all that talent. Bravo Lauren!
I should add it to my #30before30 list to watch your full band play a live show.

In case just one video wasn't enough for you..

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Speak up

Popular Posts

What I'm Reading

  • Unbecoming by Rebecca Scherm
  • Disrupted by Dan Lyons
  • Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill

QOTD

All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure. - Mark Twain